Thames Valley Learning Partnership
The Thames Valley Learning Partnership (TVLP) is an equal partnership of state and independent secondary-aged schools in Berkshire.
The TVLP's aims include:
- Providing collaborative and informative experiences for secondary-aged students across a range of subjects, thereby providing a variety of learning opportunities and diversity in social and cultural engagement.
- Ensuring that staff across our schools are able to share their passion for their specialist subjects and good practice with one another, and exchange views about current educational issues.
Beechwood School is one of the founding schools in the TVLP.
The other schools in the partnership include (listed in alphabetical order) Eton College, Herschel Grammar School, Holyport College, Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy, Slough & Eton Church of England Business & Enterprise College, St Joseph's Catholic High School, St Mary's School Ascot, The Langley Academy, The Windsor Boys' School, and Windsor Girls’ School.
Clare Matheson is the Thames Valley Learning Partnership Coordinator.
She was appointed in September 2019 to create and deliver a programme of events, competitions, networks and actions which will benefit students and staff across all TVLP schools.
Prior to her appointment, Clare had a successful career in project management in the third sector. She has relevant experience across a range of skills including events, communication, marketing and fundraising.
To contact Clare email email@example.com
Each school has nominated a senior member of staff within their school to be their TVLP Champion. They are all staff that have been chosen because of their enthusiasm for the TVLP and their ability to get things done.
The Champions’ meet with the TVLP Coordinator regularly throughout the school year and help promote the events, competitions, and networks to students and staff within their schools.
THE TVLP CHAMPION FOR BEECHWOOD SCHOOL IS MIKE GAFFIN.
The TVLP run a series of events each year, from high profile speakers and different subject specific events, to an annual Student Leadership Conference.
In the academic year 2022-2023, these included:
- TVLP Dragons’ Den (part of the Student Leadership Conference.)
- TVLP Festival of Music.
- TVLP Make a Change environmental event.
- TVLP Crime Scene Investigation workshops.
- TVLP Model United Nations event.
- TVLP Philosothon.
- TVLP French and Spanish languages event.
- TVLP Orwell writing workshop.
To view a list of upcoming events, see the website: tvlp.org.uk/upcoming-events
There are various competitions throughout the year.
From 2019-2023, these have included:
- TVLP Love Art competition – Shortlisted photographs were displayed in the Children’s Ward at Wexham Park Hospital. Amaya Mckay, a student at Beechwood School, gained second place for her artwork, ‘Flamingoes.’
- TVLP Student Environmental Photographer of the Year - Shortlisted photographs were displayed at an exhibition at The Curve in Slough.
- TVLP Queen’s Platinum Jubilee design competition.
- TVLP debating competition.
- TVLP book giveaway competitions.
To view a list of previous and current TVLP competitions, see the website:
Slough & South Bucks Observer article covering the TVLP Love Art Competition.
The TVLP produce a newsletter every 4-6 weeks, during term-time. A selection of these can be found on their website: tvlp.org.uk/newsletters